Insurance Program Coverage Consulting
I assist companies with placement and/or renewal of their entire insurance programs. Here’s a summary of one such engagement:
Online Wholesale Products Distributor
I partnered with the client’s broker and provided advice concerning the renewal of the client’s entire insurance program, including cyber, management liability, employed lawyers, fiduciary liability, crime, general liability, and commercial property policies. Highlights of this engagement include negotiation for:
● Removal of various exclusions in all policies;
● Modification of conditions concerning notice of claim, imputation of knowledge of intentional acts, right to bring actions against the insurer, and consent to settle;
● Clarification of contingent business interruption coverage in the cyber policy;
● Reconciliation of conflicting endorsements across all policies;
● Expand management liability coverage for pre-claim regulatory inquiries for insured persons and entity;
● Removal of presumptive indemnification provision in employed lawyers policy.
Cyber Insurance Coverage Consulting
I have provided consulting services for global, Fortune 500, midsize, and small entities across various industry verticals concerning insurance coverage for cyber and emerging risks. Sample engagements include:
National Healthcare Trade Association
I assisted with renew of the association’s cyber insurance policy. Highlights of engagement include negotiation for:
● Removal and narrowing of various exclusions;
● Clarification of various conditions concerning priority of insurance policies and notice of claims.
Global Payment Card Processing Companies
I assisted with renewal of cyber insurance for two global payment card processing companies. One of those engagements also involved an analysis of how the cyber policy dovetailed with the company’s directors and officers policy. Highlights of that work include negotiation for:
● Removal and narrowing the scope of various exclusions;
● Reconcile terms of cyber policy with directors and officers policy;
● Modification of “other insurance” provisions.
Fortune 500 Telecommunications Company
In support of a SOC 2 audit, I was retained to review the company’s cyber insurance policy in connection with results of its cyber security risk assessment report. Highlights of that engagement include:
● Analysis of coverage gaps based on risks identified in risk assessment report;
● Identify various ambiguities and inconsistent provisions in cyber policy;
● Provide list of issues to discuss with broker/insurer upon policy renewal.
Insurance Claim Assistance
I also assist companies following an incident or loss with regard to their insurance coverage and claim submission. Sample engagements include:
Online Donation Platform Company
I was retained to assist a company concerning coverage under itsTechnology Errors and Omissions (tech E&O) policy following a devastating degradation of services event. I identified coverage for the event under the policy and assisted with submission of the claim and with conferences with the insurer.
Insurance Due Diligence
Private Equity Firm
I conduct insurance due diligence in connection with acquisition of a financial institution.